Webull Download For Pc
Webull is one of the newer online brokers, forming in just 2017 and launching with just a mobile app in May 2018. Webull’s primary target market, the millennials, was reflected in this mobile launch. Webull is positioning itself to serve newer and more active traders, and others drawn to a platform offering a broad range of services for free, including no account minimums, commission free trading of stocks/ETFs and their options, and multiple cryptocurrencies. Webull is more geared towards self-directed investors and offers a smaller range of services than its full-service competitors. Webull customers still get a lot for their money. Webull offers a great platform with many useful tools and features as well as competitive margin rates. We will take a detailed look at Webull in order to help you determine if it is the right broker.
Webull won Investopedia’s Best Broker for Low Cost Options Trading, Best Day Trading Platform and Best Low Cost Options Broker in our 2021 Best Online Brokers Review.
- Webull does not charge commissions for stock, ETF or option trades. There are no minimum account requirements. Margin trading is available to accounts of $2000 and higher.
- Webull offers stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. This smaller selection of assets is meant to serve a client base that skews towards younger, self-directed customers comfortable with technology and wanting information on the go.
- Webull is easy to use, providing good trading functionality and a broad package of tools and functionality including news, fundamental and technical analysis, and stock screeners.
- Webull is not the broker that people should use if they are looking for more products such as managed accounts, mutual funds, fixed income, and mutual funds. Investors who prefer working with an investment advisor and want access to live trading assistance should look elsewhere.
- Fractional cryptocurrency trading in multiple cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Dodgecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, ZEC, and XLM commission free.
Who Webull Is For
Webull is an investment platform that allows investors to trade without commissions and open up new avenues for trading. Webull isn’t a full-service broker. Its customers require a DIY approach to some aspects of portfolio management. Webull customers have skewed younger than at other brokerage companies. Active traders will be attracted to the broker’s free model. Webull’s no-cost options trading will be particularly appealing to active traders. This is because all other brokers, including those that offer free stock and ETF trades such as Schwab, still charge commissions for each leg.
- No commissions on stocks/ETFs, options, or cryptocurrencies
- No minimums or fees, easy account setup
- Free real-time streaming quotes
- Simple to use platforms that provide excellent content and tools
- Access to extended hours and pre-market trading
- No income on excess cash
- Potential for execution to be halted by payment of order flow
- Portfolio management tools are limited in number
- Access to fixed income, mutual funds or foreign exchange is not available.
- Webull offers something free of charge. No commission stock, ETF, option, and cryptocurrency trading is particularly appealing to traders that don’t need their hands held. Trading strategies are easier to profit from because they have lower implementation costs.
- It takes only a few minutes to open an account. It takes only a few minutes to get approval for account and options trading. You can also add your bank account or set up an ACH transfer free of charge in a matter of minutes. Once the transfer is set up, you can receive buying power on the account even though the fund transfer may not be complete for a few days.
- Webull provides free streaming quotes and three-month free access to Level 2 Advance quotes. This service is Nasdaq TotalView and provides more information about market depth as well as a deeper range of bids and questions on security. You can also find auction crossing information for all NASDAQ NYSE stocks and regionally listed stocks on NASDAQ Marketplace Center.
- Webull’s desktop and mobile application platforms are relatively new, so it has a fresh, intuitive design and is easy to use. All the tools available are free and packed with useful tools to trade. The customizable workstation platform provides news, fundamental information on companies, and has watchlists, a stock screener, charting, and aggregate ratings from multiple analysts. Despite all the information, it is organized in a way that makes it easy to use.
- Many active traders like to trade the market in the pre and/or extended hour trading periods, and Webull customers have the ability to access these hours. Traders have the option to make their orders available during non-regular trading hours.
- Webull customers receive no interest on cash balances in their account. As Webull doesn’t support mutual fund trading, customers can’t proactively invest their unused cash in a money market fund. In today’s low short-term interest rates, this may not seem to be a problem. However, the potential loss of interest on cash could be more apparent if rates rise.
- Webull can offer trading and all other services for free because it receives payment for order flow (PFOF). This fact may reduce Webull’s price execution quality. This is not a major issue for most traders today, but it may be a problem for day traders or those who rely on execution quality to fill orders quickly and accurately.
- Webull offers a number of useful tools for traders, but the portfolio management tools are not as good. Webull customers are expected to be self-sufficient in making their own investing/trading decisions. There are no intra-day or daily market letters and no analyst reports or research on stocks other than aggregated analyst statistics. Webull does NOT offer financial advisors, recommend portfolios for rebalancing, control over tax lots on sales or offer a dividend-reinvestment program (DRIP). Currently, Webull doesn’t offer fractional equity shares, although the broker has expressed that they plan to add fractional stock shares soon.
- Webull offers a wide range of stock, ETFs and options, as well as cryptocurrencies. Webull does not offer fixed income investments, mutual funds or international equities, options, or foreign currency offerings. You get what you see.
Webull is simple to use with intuitive navigation. Webull offers a website, desktop workstation and mobile app. They are all well-designed. The platforms share a modern look and feel because of having been built so recently.
The desktop workstation and website are nearly identical, with the same menu and window setup that focuses on a primary set of buttons down the left side of the screen. These buttons launch customizable quote boards, a stock page with a wealth of information on a single stock or ETF, a broad market overview page, a stock screener, a trading screen that is highly customizable on the desktop platform, an account tab showing balances, positions, buying power, performance, risk level related to margin leverage, access to bank transfers into and out of the account, and a dedicated paper trading area. The website has some differences from the workstation. It only supports single-leg options.
Although the mobile app has the same primary features as the website and workstation websites, there are design differences that allow for smaller screens. The menu buttons on the bottom of the app screen change to be relevant to the content shown at the time. For example, an options button appears as a choice at the bottom of the stock screen showing an individual stock/ETF.
Watchlists can be easily created across all platforms directly from stock screener results. Watchlists also remain consistent between the desktop, web, mobile app, so you don’t need to set these up on multiple platforms. Order entry is straightforward, and traders can even customize trading ticket information such as order type and share amounts they most commonly use.
Webull’s workstation can be customized to suit your needs. There are templates for day trading, stock trading, ETF trading, options trading and cryptocurrency trading. Traders can switch between these different template pages, and can build their own page layouts from scratch through widgets. Each widget contains different information such as news, basics, options, order entry, sales, time, and so forth. To save screen space, the widgets can be combined. The different widgets are accessible via marked tabs at top of the window. You can group widget windows together to ensure that stock entries in one widget will update in all other widgets.
Trading setups allow for highly customizable user experiences, such as hot keys, home page loaded at startup, default stock, option orders and commonly used share quantities. The most flexibility and customization is available on the workstation. The website did not have all of the trading page templates available on the workstation, and the learning center was not accessible from the website. When necessary, the system will direct you to other pages, such as the stocks window, which allows you to view stock-specific information, news and charting.
It is easy to enter an order through Webull. The order screen can be added to different screens, and the stock order entry screen includes contingency orders for stop loss and/or profit taking levels. You can also create order tickets directly from the account holdings, and clicking on the bid or offer of a market will automatically enter that information into the trade order widget. Trading was also available directly from the charting program, with active positions and orders clearly shown on the chart.
Mobile Trade Experience
Although there are minor differences between the workstation and the website, there is an overall consistency across all platforms. Although the mobile app offers the same basic features of the website and the workstation, there are some design differences that allow for smaller screens. Menu buttons adapt along with the content screen you are on, serving up the main functions that you are likely to need. Mobile’s charting also shows your open positions and allows trading directly from the chart. Webull’s drawing tools were also easier to use than the mobile charting software of many other brokers. Although the Webull stock screener is not available on the mobile app, you can convert search results from the website or at work into a watchlist which will be synced to the app.
A wide range of offerings
Webull focuses exclusively on U.S. Stock, ETF and U.S.-listed options. Webull offers only personal and IRA accounts within the United States. Although Webull’s product offerings are not as extensive as full-service brokers, they can meet the needs for younger customers who are less interested in fixed income. Unlike many of the full service brokers, Webull offers trading in multiple cryptocurrencies for as little as $1. Webull does not offer traditional forex trading, fixed income, mutual funds, futures or traditional foreign currency trading. Webull investors can trade the following:
- US Stocks/ETFs, long and short (2,0005 stocks) are currently listed on Webull’s easy-to-borrow list for short sales
- Stocks and ETFs Listed in the USA
- Cryptocurrency trading in Bitcoin, Dodgecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, ZEC, and XLM
- Notable: Although New York State is the only US state to not have approved cryptocurrency trading on Webull yet, the company anticipates that it will soon be approved.
Webull offers most of the most popular order types such as market, limit and stop, stop limit, stop limit, trailing stops, and stop limit. There are also specialty orders such as one-cancel-the-other (OCO), one-triggers-an-OCO (OTOCO), and one-triggers-the-other (OTO), allowing traders to setup a conditional order where a filled limit order establishes an OCO attaching both a stop loss and a profit taking level order once the initial position is established. Webull does NOT offer market-if touched, market on-close, or similar orders.
Webull doesn’t offer traders control over tax lots on sales to close a long stock position; they use the first in, first out (FIFO) methodology. Webull also lacks automated trading, backtesting of strategies, and the ability to stage orders.
Although Webull’s trading technology may be basic, it can get the job done. Webull reports a net price increase of 0.0056 per share and $1 for each option contract. No smart order routing, trading automation, backtesting, or route control are available. That said, this is in keeping with the broker’s bare bones approach to keep costs down.
Webull is a no cost broker, not a low cost broker. They offer commission-free trading in stocks, ETFs and listed options. There is no fee for minimum account requirements or access to their powerful platforms and tools. Webull’s margin rates are also competitive. Webull’s commission-free trading means that we don’t charge for trades. However, they must pay Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), transaction fees and other regulatory fees. These fees are usually pennies to fractional pennies per contract. These are Webull’s costs:
- Online trades in equities or ETFs are free of commissions
- No commissions on exchange traded options
- There is no commission for cryptocurrency trading
- Margin is available for both leverage and short sales, and margin rates are based on account size. By breakpoint: Under $25K 6.99%; $100K 6.49%; $250K 5.99%; $500K 5.49%; $1MM 4.99%; $3MM 4.49%; and >$3MM 3.99%
- Money transfers: No charge for ACH Deposits and withdrawals; Wire Transfers are $8 for deposits in the US and $12.5 if international, and $25 for withdrawals in the US and $40 if international
- Charges for paper statements: confirmations are $2 for each confirm, account statements are $5 a statement; and the prospectus fee is $2.5 per mailing
How this broker makes money for you and from you
With the race towards no commission trading, understanding how brokerage companies generate revenue has become more opaque. Webull is unabashed in telling investors how they make money that allows them to provide a sophisticated platform and zero fee trading.
- Payment from Order Flow: Webull clearly wants to be the first to offer no commission trading. Options are now free to trade on Webull. Webull’s pricing page is very clear and states that PFOF is the reason they are able to offer no commission trading. Webull receives an average of $0.00024 per share for its order flow, and an average of $0.525 per options contract; Webull’s price execution improvement averages are $0.0056 per share, and $1 per option contract.
- Interest on Cash: Another important revenue stream for Webull is its ability to generate income from cash in its traders’ accounts, as the company does not pay interest on cash balances. When you have cash in your account, the interest generated by Webull is kept by Webull.
- Stock Lending Program: Webull does offer a stock lending program, sharing the revenue generated with the investor lending the securities. The interest paid through the lending program depends entirely on the market demand for your securities.
Account and Research Amenities
Webull provides a wide range of account information and research facilities, including news and fundamental data. This helps traders make informed investment decisions as well as identify stocks to trade. However, Webull does not provide the types of tools and information available at full-service brokers, such as daily market reports or individual analyst reports or in-depth portfolio analysis tools.
Webull has a stock screener, available on the workstation and website but not the mobile app. The screener is limited to stocks and is easy enough to use, but it does not offer all the functionality that rival broker screeners offer. You can select from the United States, China, and Canada only; Webull provides data and charting for US, Honk Kong, Canada, China, and India markets, but it appears U.S. account holders are limited to trading in U.S. markets. You can choose to filter the U.S. exchanges (NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ) and you can filter by more that 25 industry sectors, financial data such as EPS and P/E, Dividends and nine pre-set technical indicators, including overbought/oversold, moving average crosses, and overbought/oversold.
Although the technical indicators are simple to use, they are not very comprehensive. We were unable to screen for stocks above their 200 moving. Other filters available include a consensus analyst rating with five grades (strong buy, buy, hold, underperform, sell) and if the stock can be traded on margin. Stocks can’t be screened for socially responsible investing (SRI). You can save a customized search and convert it to a watchlist. You can choose any stock from the search results to view key financial and technical information, as well as an order window.
ETF and Mutual Fund Screener
Webull does not offer an ETF screener, and they do not offer mutual funds on their platform at all.
Webull does not have a screener to identify specific option trade opportunities, but they do have tools to help construct the most common one, two, and four leg option strategies (vertical spreads, straddles/strangles, butterflies/condors, etc.) using a drop-down menu on the option chain table to select the strategy. You can then bring up the payout graph at maturity for the strategy, and use tools to further customize the strategy through different order types or adjusting the width between strike prices in multi-leg strategies.
Fixed Income Screener
Webull does not offer fixed income on their platform.
Webull developed its own charting functionality and it is a solid offering. Mobile app charting is a bit different than on the web and workstation because of the smaller screen size, but it is very intuitive. Order tickets and alerts can be created directly from charts, and analysis like Bollinger Bands(r), moving and exponential moving averages (MA/EMA), relative strength index (RSI), average trading range (ATR), multiple stochastics variations, and other commonly used analysis can be easily added to a chart. It seems strange that the 50, 100, and 200-period MAs were not included in the six defaults.
If you have heard about Webull before, it is the new web based trading system that has just made waves in the Forex market. Fumi Technology, a Chinese online holding company, operates Webull. It allows clients to buy and sell a variety of virtual assets such as shares, ETFs and derivatives as well as commodities like gold, dogecoin, and shiba coin. It also offers trade alerts and market commentary from industry experts, so that traders can be assured of their investment decisions. Investors will need to open a demo account to see how the system works and determine if it is suitable for them.
The webull trading app is based on the Java-based software platform that is used for desktop trading platforms. The webull platform provides access to stock and option prices in real-time, as well as fundamental data such market depth, price, volume and price. The webull desktop trading platform can be used on both iOS and Android devices. It comes with over 1,000,000 product images and a wide variety of media files. To use the webull app, first download the free trial web version and install the webull trading platform on your phone. In less than five minutes you are all set and ready to trade from anywhere in the world!
With webull, traders can buy and sell securities using real money. This means that webull trading does not require any particular expertise in order to execute trades. The app uses mathematical algorithms and sophisticated algorithms to identify good opportunities and prevent losses. It analyzes market signals and actions and then makes trades. For example, once the app identifies that the peak volume for a given security may be on the rise, it immediately alerts traders so that they can take action before the price starts to move. The best part is that all trades are fully customizable. Trades can be customized to allow traders to set investment limits, strike amounts, and stop loss types. This allows them to set custom or automatic limits at the time they feel the investment is at risk.
Trading with webull requires a minimum deposit of just $500, and the maximum is Unlimited. After investors have created an account at webull, they are able to deposit funds into that account. Traders can start either holding a ‘buy’ or’sell’ option, and they are able to do transactions in two ways – using cash transactions or using credit card transfers. Using credit cards is recommended for smaller investments because there are more transfer fees.
Many people have asked us why webull is better than traditional trading platforms. Webull allows investors to do two types of transactions, buying and selling. In traditional trading, you need to wait until the end of the day to complete a transaction, and this will be reflected on your profit or loss statement. You can choose the time you want to make a transaction with webull. This will be reflected on your trading Profit and Loss Statement. Additionally, trading with webull will allow you to set a limit to the amount of money you are willing to spend or lose, thereby providing you more control and accountability for the money you are investing.
Another reason why webull is superior to other systems is that the webull financial trading platform provides investors with real-time protection from third parties. Webull’s counterparty protection feature makes it impossible for anyone to modify, change, or close your accounts except the authorized user. Webull offers true asset protection. This is far better than any other system that doesn’t offer this level of protection. Webull can also inform investors that they are not legally required to pay taxes on gains from investments in the U.S. as webull contracts or investment deals are not considered income.
Webull is used by many traders as their main trading platform. However, there are many others who use it for back testing, fundamental tests, margin calls, and transactions. Webull can also be used by investors for their custom trading needs. For instance, some brokers provide webull trading as a free service to their clients. This service may be offered by some webull brokers for a small fee. Webull is a great product for investors large and small because of all the benefits it offers.
Overall, webull is an excellent platform for new traders, as well as experienced ones, because it provides a low-cost, hands-free, transparent way to trade on the equity market. The investor can decide how much he/she trades because there are no fees or commissions to pay. Overall, it is hard to beat webull.