Can’t Delete Webull Account
Webull, one of the newest online brokers, was founded in 2017 and launched with a mobile app only in May 2018. This mobile first launch was reflective of Webull’s most important target market: millennials. Webull is positioning itself to serve newer and more active traders, and others drawn to a platform offering a broad range of services for free, including no account minimums, commission free trading of stocks/ETFs and their options, and multiple cryptocurrencies. Webull does skew towards the self-directed investor, with a less comprehensive offering than full service competitors. That said, Webull customers get a lot of bang without the buck: a nice platform with a wide range of helpful tools and features, along with competitive margin rates. We’ll take an in-depth look at Webull to help you decide if it is the right broker for your portfolio needs.
Webull was Investopedia’s winner for Best Broker for Low-Cost Options Trading, Best Low-Cost Day Trading Platform, and Best Low-Cost Options Broker in our 2021 Best Online Brokers Review.
- Webull does not charge commissions for stock, ETF or option trades. There are no minimum account requirements. Margin trading is available to accounts of $2000 and higher.
- Webull offers stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. This smaller selection of assets is meant to serve a client base that skews towards younger, self-directed customers comfortable with technology and wanting information on the go.
- Webull is easy to use, providing good trading functionality and a broad package of tools and functionality including news, fundamental and technical analysis, and stock screeners.
- Webull is not the broker that people should use if they are looking for more products such as managed accounts, mutual funds, fixed income, and mutual funds. Investors who prefer working with an investment advisor and want access to live trading assistance should look elsewhere.
- Fractional cryptocurrency trading is possible in multiple cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Dodgecoin and Bitcoin Cash.
Who Webull Is For
Webull is an investment platform that allows investors to trade without commissions and open up new avenues for trading. Webull is not a full-services broker, so its customers need a bit of a DIY approach on some aspects of portfolio management. Webull customers have skewed younger than at other brokerage companies. Active traders will be attracted to the broker’s free model. Webull’s no-cost options trading will be particularly appealing to active traders. This is because all other brokers, including those that offer free stock and ETF trades such as Schwab, still charge commissions for each leg.
- No commissions on stocks/ETFs, options, or cryptocurrencies
- No minimums or fees, easy account setup
- Free real-time streaming quotes
- Easy to use platforms with excellent content and tools
- Access to trading hours that are extended and pre-market
- No income on excess cash
- Potential give up on execution due to payment for order flow (PFOF)
- Limited range of tools for portfolio management
- Access to fixed income, mutual funds or foreign exchange is not available.
- Everyone wants something for free, and that is exactly what Webull delivers. No commission stock, ETF, option, and cryptocurrency trading is particularly appealing to traders that don’t need their hands held. Trading strategies are easier to profit from because they have lower implementation costs.
- It takes only a few minutes to open an account. You will receive account and options trading approval very quickly and it only takes a couple of additional minutes to add your bank account and set up a free ACH transfer. Even though the transfer might not be completed for several days, you will receive purchasing power.
- Webull offers free real-time streaming quotes, and a three month free subscription to Level 2 Advance quotes. This service is Nasdaq TotalView and provides more information about market depth as well as a deeper range of bids and questions on security. There is also auction crossing information for all NASDAQ-NYSE and regional listed stocks on NASDAQ Market Center.
- Webull’s desktop and mobile application platforms are relatively new, so it has a fresh, intuitive design and is easy to use. The applications are packed with helpful tools for trading, especially considering all the tools are free to the user. The customizable workstation platform provides news, fundamental information on companies, and has watchlists, a stock screener, charting, and aggregate ratings from multiple analysts. Despite all the information, it is organized in a way that makes it easy to use.
- Many active traders like to trade the market in the pre and/or extended hour trading periods, and Webull customers have the ability to access these hours. Traders have the option to make their orders available during non-regular trading hours.
- Webull customers receive no interest on cash balances in their account. As Webull doesn’t support mutual fund trading, customers can’t proactively invest their unused cash in a money market fund. In today’s low short-term interest rates, this may not seem to be a problem. However, the potential loss of interest on cash could be more apparent if rates rise.
- Webull can offer trading and all other services for free because it receives payment for order flow (PFOF). This fact may reduce Webull’s price execution quality. This is not a major issue for most traders today, but it may be a problem for day traders or those who rely on execution quality to fill orders quickly and accurately.
- While Webull provides a lot of helpful tools for traders on its platform, the portfolio management tools are lacking. Webull customers are expected to be self-sufficient in making their own investing/trading decisions. There are no intra-day or daily market letters and no analyst reports or research on stocks other than aggregated analyst statistics. Webull does NOT offer financial advisors, recommend portfolios for rebalancing, control over tax lots on sales or offer a dividend-reinvestment program (DRIP). Webull currently doesn’t offer fractional shares. However, the broker stated that they are working on adding fractional stock shares.
- Stocks, ETFs, options and cryptocurrencies make up the entire menu at Webull. There are no fixed income investments, mutual funds, international equities, futures, or foreign exchange offerings at Webull. What you see is what you get.
Webull is easy to use, with clean and intuitive navigation. Webull offers a website, desktop workstation and mobile app. They are all well-designed. Because they were built so recently, the platforms have a modern look.
The website and desktop workstation are almost identical. They share the same menu and window layout. This main set of buttons is located on the left side of your screen. These buttons launch customizable quote boards, a stock page with a wealth of information on a single stock or ETF, a broad market overview page, a stock screener, a trading screen that is highly customizable on the desktop platform, an account tab showing balances, positions, buying power, performance, risk level related to margin leverage, access to bank transfers into and out of the account, and a dedicated paper trading area. There are some minor differences between the website and the workstation, and the website only supports single leg options.
Although the mobile app has the same primary features as the website and workstation websites, there are design differences that allow for smaller screens. The app screen’s menu buttons are updated to reflect the current content. For example, an options button appears as a choice at the bottom of the stock screen showing an individual stock/ETF.
You can easily create watchlists across all platforms from stock screener results. Watchlists also remain consistent between the desktop, web, mobile app, so you don’t need to set these up on multiple platforms. It’s easy to order and traders can customize the trading ticket information, such as share amounts and order type.
Webull’s workstation can be customized to suit your needs. There are templates for day trading, stock trading, ETF trading, options trading and cryptocurrency trading. Traders can switch between these different template pages, and can build their own page layouts from scratch through widgets. The widgets contain different information, such as news, fundamentals, options, as well as order entry, time & sales, and so on. The widgets can be combined to save screen space, with the different widgets accessible through marked tabs at the top of the window. You can group widget windows together to ensure that stock entries in one widget will update in all other widgets.
Trading setups allow for highly customizable user experiences, such as hot keys, home page loaded at startup, default stock, option orders and commonly used share quantities. You can do the most customization and flexibility on your workstation. The website did not have all of the trading page templates available on the workstation, and the learning center was not accessible from the website. When necessary, the system will direct you to other pages, such as the stocks window, which allows you to view stock-specific information, news and charting.
Webull makes it easy to place an order. The order screen can be added to different screens, and the stock order entry screen includes contingency orders for stop loss and/or profit taking levels. You can also create order tickets directly from the account holdings, and clicking on the bid or offer of a market will automatically enter that information into the trade order widget. Trading was also available directly from the charting program, with active positions and orders clearly shown on the chart.
Mobile Trade Experience
Although there are minor differences between the workstation and the website, there is an overall consistency across all platforms. The mobile app has the same basic features as the website and workstation, but there are design differences to handle the smaller screens. Menu buttons adapt along with the content screen you are on, serving up the main functions that you are likely to need. Mobile’s charting also shows your open positions and allows trading directly from the chart. Webull’s drawing tools are also much easier than many other brokers’ mobile charting software. The mobile app doesn’t allow access to Webull’s stock screener, but you can convert search results done on the website or workstation into a watchlist that will sync to the mobile app.
Range of Offerings
Webull focuses exclusively on U.S. Stock, ETF and U.S.-listed options. Webull offers only personal and IRA accounts within the United States. Webull’s product offerings may not be a match for the breadth of offerings available at full service brokers, but they meet the needs of their younger customer base less interested in fixed income. Unlike many of the full service brokers, Webull offers trading in multiple cryptocurrencies for as little as $1. Webull does not offer traditional forex trading, fixed income, mutual funds, futures or traditional foreign currency trading. Webull investors can trade the following:
- US Stocks/ETFs, long and short (2,0005 stocks) are currently listed on Webull’s easy-to-borrow list for short sales
- US Listed Options on stocks and ETFs
- Cryptocurrency trading with Bitcoin, Dodgecoin and Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoins, ZEC, and XLM
- Note: NY State is the only US state that has not yet approved cryptocurrency trading on Webull, but the company expects the approval shortly.
Webull offers most of the most popular order types such as market, limit and stop, stop limit, stop limit, trailing stops, and stop limit. There are also specialty orders such as one-cancel-the-other (OCO), one-triggers-an-OCO (OTOCO), and one-triggers-the-other (OTO), allowing traders to setup a conditional order where a filled limit order establishes an OCO attaching both a stop loss and a profit taking level order once the initial position is established. Webull does NOT offer market-if touched, market on-close, or similar orders.
Webull doesn’t offer traders control over tax lots on sales to close a long stock position; they use the first in, first out (FIFO) methodology. Webull also lacks automated trading, backtesting of strategies, and the ability to stage orders.
Although Webull’s trading technology may be basic, it can get the job done. Webull reports net price improvement of 0.0056 a share and $1 per options contract. There is no smart order routing, no trading automation, no backtesting capabilities, and no way to route your own orders. That said, this is in keeping with the broker’s bare bones approach to keep costs down.
Webull is a no cost broker, not a low cost broker. They offer commission free trading in stocks, ETFs, and listed options, and they do not charge a fee for account minimums or for their robust platforms and tools. Webull’s margin rates also are competitive. When we talk about commission free trading, that means Webull does not charge for trades, but they do pass through Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) transaction fees and various exchange and regulatory fees, which are typically pennies or fractional pennies per contract. These are Webull’s costs:
- No commissions for online trades in equities, ETFs, or OTCBB trades
- No commissions on exchange traded options
- There is no commission for cryptocurrency trading
- Margin can be used for leverage or short sales. Margin rates vary depending on account size. Breakpoint: Below $25K 6.99%, $100K 6.49%, $250K 5.99%, $500K 5.49% and $500K 5.49%. $1MM 4.99%. $3MM 4.49%. And >$3MM 3.99%.
- Money transfers: There is no charge for ACH deposits and withdrawals. Wire Transfers cost $8 for US deposits and $12.5 if you are international. $25 for withdrawals within the US, and $25 for international withdrawals.
- Paper statements charges: Confirmations are $2 per confirm, account statements $5 per statement, and prospectus fees $2.5 per mailing
How This Broker Makes Money From You and for You
It has become harder to understand how brokerage firms generate revenue in the age of no commission trading. Webull is unabashed in telling investors how they make money that allows them to provide a sophisticated platform and zero fee trading.
- Payment from Order Flow: Webull clearly wants to be the first to offer no commission trading. Options are now free to trade on Webull. Webull’s pricing page is very clear and states that PFOF is the reason they are able to offer no commission trading. Webull gets an average $0.00024 per share from its order flow and $0.525 per option contract. Webull’s average price execution improvements are $0.0056 per shares and $1 per option contract.
- Interest on Cash: Webull’s ability to generate income through cash in its traders’ accounts is another important revenue stream. The company doesn’t pay interest on cash balances. When you have cash in your account, the interest generated by Webull is kept by Webull.
- Stock Lending Program: Webull does offer a stock lending program, sharing the revenue generated with the investor lending the securities. The interest paid through the lending program depends entirely on the market demand for your securities.
Account and Research Amenities
Webull provides a wide range of account information and research facilities, including news and fundamental data. This helps traders make informed investment decisions as well as identify stocks to trade. However, Webull does not provide the types of tools and information available at full-service brokers, such as daily market reports or individual analyst reports or in-depth portfolio analysis tools.
Webull offers a stock screener. It is available on the website and at the workstation, but not in the mobile app. Although the screener can only be used for stocks, it is simple enough and offers some functionality not offered by other broker screeners. Only the United States, China and Canada can be selected; Webull offers data and charts for US, Honk Kong and Canada markets. However, U.S. account holders have limited access to trading in U.S. market markets. For the U.S., you can select the exchanges to include (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ), and can filter by more than 25 industry sectors, financial information such as EPS, P/E, Dividends, and by nine pre-set technical indicators including overbought/oversold and moving average crosses.
The technical indicators are easy to use, but somewhat limited. We were unable to screen for stocks above their 200 moving. Other filters available include a consensus analyst rating with five grades (strong buy, buy, hold, underperform, sell) and if the stock can be traded on margin. Stocks cannot be screened for SRI (socially responsible investing). A customized search can be saved and converted to a watchlist. You can choose any stock from the search results to view key financial and technical information, as well as an order window.
ETF and Mutual Fund Screener
Webull does not offer an ETF screener, and they do not offer mutual funds on their platform at all.
Webull doesn’t have a screener that can identify potential option trade opportunities. However, they have tools to help you construct the most popular one, two and four leg options strategies (vertical spreads. Straddles/strangles. Butterflies/condors etc.). using a drop-down menu on the option chain table to select the strategy. You can then bring up the payout graph at maturity for the strategy, and use tools to further customize the strategy through different order types or adjusting the width between strike prices in multi-leg strategies.
Fixed Income Screener
Webull does not offer fixed income on their platform.
Webull developed its own charting functionality and it is a solid offering. Mobile app charting is a bit different than on the web and workstation because of the smaller screen size, but it is very intuitive. Order tickets and alerts can be created directly from charts, and analysis like Bollinger Bands(r), moving and exponential moving averages (MA/EMA), relative strength index (RSI), average trading range (ATR), multiple stochastics variations, and other commonly used analysis can be easily added to a chart. Again, it seems odd that neither the 50, 100, or 200 period MA was included in the set of six defaults in the program.
If you have heard about Webull before, it is the new web based trading system that has just made waves in the Forex market. Fumi Technology, a Chinese online holding company, operates Webull. It allows clients to buy and sell a variety of virtual assets such as shares, ETFs and derivatives as well as commodities like gold, dogecoin, and shiba coin. You can also get market commentary and trade alerts from industry experts to help you make informed investment decisions. Investors will need to open a demo account to see how the system works and determine if it is suitable for them.
The Java-based software platform used for desktop trading platforms is the basis of the webull trading app. The webull platform allows access to real time quotes of stocks and options as well as to fundamental data such as market depth, price and volume. The webull desktop trading platform can be used on both iOS and Android devices. It comes with over 1,000,000 product images and a wide variety of media files. First, download the free trial web edition and then install the webull trading app on your phone. You can trade anywhere in the world in less than five minutes!
Webull allows traders to buy and sell securities with real money. Webull trading doesn’t require any special knowledge to execute trades. The app uses sophisticated algorithms and mathematical algorithms to detect good opportunities and prevent losses by analyzing market signals and actions. For example, once the app identifies that the peak volume for a given security may be on the rise, it immediately alerts traders so that they can take action before the price starts to move. The best thing about trades is their ability to be customized. Trades can be customized to allow traders to set investment limits, strike amounts, and stop loss types. This allows them to set custom or automatic limits at the time they feel the investment is at risk.
Webull requires a minimum deposit to trade. The maximum amount is unlimited. After investors have created an account at webull, they are able to deposit funds into that account. Traders can start either holding a ‘buy’ or’sell’ option, and they are able to do transactions in two ways – using cash transactions or using credit card transfers. Credit cards are recommended for smaller investments due to the higher transfer fees.
Many people have asked us why webull is better than traditional trading platforms. We can tell them that webull allows investors to conduct two types of transactions – buying and selling. In traditional trading, you need to wait until the end of the day to complete a transaction, and this will be reflected on your profit or loss statement. You can choose the time you want to make a transaction with webull. This will be reflected on your trading Profit and Loss Statement. Additionally, trading with webull will allow you to set a limit to the amount of money you are willing to spend or lose, thereby providing you more control and accountability for the money you are investing.
Webull’s financial trading platform offers investors real-time protection against third parties. This is another reason why webull is superior than other systems. Webull’s counterparty protection feature makes it impossible for anyone to modify, change, or close your accounts except the authorized user. Webull offers true asset protection. This is far better than any other system that doesn’t offer this level of protection. We can also tell investors that by using webull, they will not be legally obligated to pay taxes on the gains from their investments in the U.S., as webull contracts and investment deals are not considered income for the taxable year.
Webull is used by many traders as their main trading platform. However, there are many others who use it for back testing, fundamental tests, margin calls, and transactions. Webull can also be used by investors for their custom trading needs. For instance, some brokers provide webull trading as a free service to their clients. This service may be offered by some webull brokers for a small fee. Webull is a great product for investors large and small because of all the benefits it offers.
Webull is a great platform for both new and experienced traders. It offers a low-cost, hands free, transparent way to trade on an equity market. Because there are no commissions or fees to pay, the investor has complete control over how much he/she trades. Overall, it is hard to beat webull.